It's been a quiet couple of weeks, hobby-wise for me. I've been mostly doing RPG stuff like trying to run two groups for a weekly gaming session and preparing for my annual gaming mini-con in Ohio called "End of the World" or EOW.
But I am branching out a bit in terms of the worktable. My daughter has gotten very interested in different kinds of crafts, and wanted me to modify her skate helmet to a "glitter helmet." So I went online, learned how, and then gave it a spin.
That's the helmet before on the left, after on the right. It's covered in epoxy so it has a smooth finish.
There have been a lot of things messing with my down-time the last few weeks, but I hope to at least get the ACW rebels based soon. I'd like to be able to find at least some kind of benchmark on that project, especially given that I have already counted them on the "number of miniatures painted" total.
I forgot to mention that one of my Kiva loans has already been repaid. So the $25 I spent in August has already been given back. No money out, and a woman in South America has an expanded pig farming operation that will hopefully help lift her out of poverty. Awesome.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
I finally finished my second sprue of 1/72 ACW Confederates. Now that I've got the bases I need and a solid fifty or so figures, it's time to get them ready. I will likely pick up another package of these to continue to build up the army.
But in any case, after a downright anemic August in terms of painting miniatures, it is nice to get another solid block done (in this case, 24).
Now to decide on a stupid color scheme for my NQSYW guys!