Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chaos Marauder Unit Finished


A unit of 15 Chaos Marauders by Games Workshop.
This unit took almost five months to complete.  I started it last October (while I was still on my former blog), having got the unit as part of a large lot sold to me by a friend.  They were primed white, block painted, and then dipped in wood varnish.  I decided to try using gray instead of metallics just as a experiment, one that I think worked by turned out to be much more difficult than I anticipated.  Both the gray and the dark brown did not go on evenly and required multiple coats, which sort of spoils the point of my quick-and-easy painting style.
So, after getting frustrated and turning to other projects, I decided to put my nose to the grindstone and get these done.  Yesterday the kids were out of town visiting a friend and Mrs. Q was busy training, so I used the day to round out the last five and finish them.  I'm pretty pleased with them, and more pleased with myself for getting yet another unit fully painted rather than having three or four half-finished units on the painting table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...