Monday, September 6, 2010

The First Recruit

Wargames Foundry "Shock Trooper"

I purchased three box sets of these for my three-month reward for my diet (or was it one, I can't remember) and I'm finally getting around to painting one.  I still lack wood finish and basing materials at my new home; for that matter, I still lack a new home!  But I am trying out some color schemes.  This one is a pretty straightforward, traditional color pattern, which looks very "WW2 Army Ranger" in my mind.  I don't like the "squinty" eyes on the "snowtrooper" helmets, but I also didn't want to go with the gas-mask ones, because I like bucking the trend sometimes.

In any case, please feel free to comment on how you like the colors.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see some of these making their way onto the blogs out here. I'm surprised I haven't seen more actually.

    Looks good, glad you used the bigger "Fallout" helmet. Are the weapons pretty swappable with other games?

    How about the "bonus mystery antler" head? What was that>

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is actually a tentacled "Zoidberg" head, not antlers. I almost wish I could do a whole army with them.

    The guns are attached to the right arms, and would have to be cut free.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...