The 150th miniature of 2011: a Brazen Claws Captain

Click for a larger pic
I've been saving this guy for the momentous event.  Back in January, I set my goal for the year to be 150 miniatures, a fair amount given last years grand total of 165.  Now, in mid-August, I've hit my goal with this Space Marine Captain.  He's also a rare instance of some conversion work, adding the storm shield to his right hand to go along with what I'm calling a relic blade.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what to do now that I've hit my goal but still have 4.5 months left in the year.  I considered shifting gears, maybe starting a new army for Warhammer Fantasy Battles or maybe something totally different, like When the Navy Walked.  I considered shifting hobby gears and focusing on building terrain or an RPG-related project.

After a lot of consideration, I decided to go with a long-standing but often forgotten precept.  Namely, dedicate the time to the game(s) you are playing.  That means the weekly drubbing I get in 40K.  The way I figure, I have the terminator squad, the scout squad, two rhinos, a razorback, and a predator to go.  That's 60 points (admittedly forty of which are vehicles, which some have said are over-valued in my paradigm).  That's 15 a month, which is a more leisurely pace that what I've been doing for the most part.  So theoretically I can relax a bit on the painting, and still have the Brazen Claws finished by year's end, which isn't a bad post-goal goal at all.

Comments

  1. Congrats on reaching your goal early! Sounds like a good plan to keep working on the Brazen, though at a more relaxed pace. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment