Zombies and Living 2012 twice

I posted these over at Hard Boiled Zombies, but here they are--another round of zombies from Zombiesmith.

Boney, Yield, Pop, Homemaker, and Chubbs
I read an article out there (and of course now I can't find it) where this guy (a psychiatrist?) outlined this mental discipline by which a person sort of envisions the upcoming year and then speculates on what the biggest mistakes or regrets that might occur in the upcoming year.  It's a kind of tricky, but when you think about it, it is not that hard.  I can see myself, for example, failing to take up an exercise regime, watching too much television, or getting sucked into some drama with my extended family.  On December 31st, 2012, I can see myself ruminating on all those bad decisions.

Then, you decide not to do them.  You imagine your state at the end of that year and say, "I don't want that," and then act differently.  I'm oversimplifying this a lot, but I think you get the idea.  You can see how this applies to your hobbies as well, especially if you have a long history of impulse buying like I do.  Will I regret buying the latest edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battles?  Probably not.  Will I regret trying to build a new Vampire Counts army?  Probably, because I've played VC before and while it might be a little different, it's still a pretty two-dimensional army without a lot of variation.  So at the end of 2012 I have an army that I probably won't like that I spent of ton of money on and maybe even didn't use all that often.

Buying Infinty? I'll probably regret that.
Painting up all the Zombiesmith zombies?  Nope.
Buying a copy of the latest Warmachine rulebook, despite the fact that I already own it (this happened in the midst of writing this post)?  Absolutely.



Comments