Tanks for the Memories

Okay, let me say first, I like the people who come together on Tuesday at my FLGS to play 40K. On the rare time I make it out there, everyone is friendly and welcomes me and even tries to get me into a game when I can.

That having been said, I haven't played in a while, and here's why:


Okay, so what you're looking at here is a Black Templars army with two land raiders, two land speeders, two dreadnoughts, and a small scout squad.  His opponent appears to be Nurgle Space Marines with six rhinos and a predator tank.  All packed together like it is a drive-in.  At another table I saw a Dark Eldar player with four of whatever their troop transports packed around two Vypers (I think, I don't know DE).

This is what 40K is now.  At least at high-competition groups.  Tanks, transports, and of course now flyers.  And since they are selling all those flyers now, I can't imagine that the new edition is going to contribute something substantial to ending this trend.

And honestly, I have a lot of these transports and whatnot, it just isn't the kind of game I want to play.  If I want to play Tank Commander I'll drop it down to 15mm, find a better system, and save me a ton of money.  I mean seriously, there's a single infantry unit visible on the table!

I've got a bit of a long rant percolating right now that I'll probably type out sometime soon, but in the meantime here's what today at the FLGS looked like.

Comments

  1. That is before even considering how utterly silly all those vehicles fighting so close to each other look on the table.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment