Budgeting for September

I have been kind of bad about keeping up with the details of my frugality pledge.  Today I thought I would get caught back up.

At the very end of August I spent $37 plus $12 shipping on an eBay purchase of the AD&D Players Guide (1st Edition, second printing), the Dungeoneer's Survival Guide and the crown jewel of the purchase and what I was really after, the D&D Cyclopedia.  That overshot me on August's purchases, which were already shortened by August's overspending.  That left me overspent for August by sixteen dollars.

In September, I have made two purchases: the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying sourcebook Civil War, which I reviewed in detail here, and the "Raised Ranch House" by Stoetzel's Structures, which you can see at my zombie blog here.  But here's a pic just for fun:


And....I'm done.  At least for September (which still have about eight days left).  That means that in October, I can get the full $60 and feel like I'm back on top.  Honestly as I said in my review I've got a chunk of buyer's regret about the Civil War; I have really mixed feeling about the game in which I vacillate between "I really want to run this" and "let's take another look at Mutants & Masterminds."

I'm not thrilled to have wasted the money, which I suppose is the point of having a budget.  I don't have a lot of plans for October's money, since right now I have both unpainted zombies and space marines which can keep me busy.  What I really don't have is time, to the point where I'm starting to worry about the painting pledge.  We'll see what happens.

Comments