July Wrap-Up

Looking back, I'm surprised how much stuff happened this month.  My children were gone for most of the month visiting grandparents, which probably didn't hurt, but I felt like I had more non-hobby stuff going on.  Anyways, here's the recap.


  • Did two RPG sessions, one of Marvel Heroic Roleplaying with the regular group and one of Mutants & Masterminds with a half-old, half-new group of people.  The MHR game felt off, mostly I think because of the players and me being out-of-sorts for loads of reasons, and the M&M game was a pretty typical introductory story (slightly rail-road plot, heavy on combat).
  • Painted 26 miniatures, although 20 of those were mostly painted at the very end of June were just finished in early July.  That's still an impressive number, even if they were my someone simplistic ACW Confederates.
  • Unveiled a whole new project, my "Not Quite the Seven Years War" army.  I've cast about 36 or so miniatures using Prince August molds, and will soon be moving into painting them as soon as I figure out a paint scheme.
  • I also attended KantCon, getting in an RPG session (13th Age) and a table-top pseudo wargame in.  That was about the only wargaming I did all month, though.
  • I completely obliterated the budget for the month, making it a couple of high-consumer months in a row.  Now I've got a negative layover into August.
While not exactly hobby-related, I also saw Pacific Rim, which I really liked, although I thought that the main character was probably the weakest link in the acting chain.  Like many others it was too bad that more wasn't done with some of the side characters, but that mystique has led to a lot of fan interest (call it the "Boba Fett Syndrome").

What am I doing next month?  Well, I need to sort out which supers RPG I'll be doing.  I could stand to focus on one miniatures project or another, since I really have about three going all at the same time--ACW, NQSYW, and GASLIGHT.  That's a lot of acronyms.  The good news is I don't really have anything I need to buy right now, so maybe my budget can get a bit of a breather.

Thanks for continuing to follow along.  Hope you're enjoying your hobbies as well.

Comments

  1. You need to start avoiding whoever talked you into all this madness. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment