WIP Ork Boyz


I really have had a lull in my painting and this year was of the least productive in a long time. In the fact, the last time it was this bad was, well, last year.  Why the drop off in painting miniatures?  Well, there's lots of reasons, but two of them are that I picked up some new hobbies, and my other blogged about one (roleplaying games, found here) had a huge upswing.  I'm running or playing in an RPG about two or three weekends a month, and that's a lot of prep time.  So, not so much time for painting or wargaming.

But I'm no longer running the RPG sessions, and other hobbies have waned in the season.  Plus, I miss the low-key, introspective, but artistically creative nature of painting miniatures.  This, I am trying to get back into the swing of things.  To start myself off, I'm going through some miniatures from the Lead Pile (tm) and dragging some stuff out to work on.  Easy stuff, without a lot of fussiness.  I am starting with eight Ork Boyz from Games Workshop.  We'll see how it goes.

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to seeing your hobby progress. Those are great low stress models with loads of weathering opportunities. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment