The last win for the Brazen Claws in 2012?

Tonight I played a pretty small 40K game with my Brazen Claws Space Marines--750 points against Tau.  I fielded a chaplain with a power fist (WYSIWYG), a ten-man tac squad with flamer/missile launcher broken into two combat squads with a lascannon razorback, a five-man sniper scout squad, a five-man assault terminator squad, and a predator with autocannon and heavy bolter sponsons.

My opponent had two fire teams, a crisis suit team, and an HQ guy with some bodyguards in crisis suits.

So, things went really well for the red-and-blue.  The predator gets top billing, having pounded apart several crisis suits with its autocannons, but the missile launchers in the scout and tac unit also helped.  I concentrated fire for the most part, and ended up slowly picking them apart.  The fire teams held back, probably way too much considering we were playing short table edges, although the one fire team picked apart my termies when the deepstruck in on turn three.

The chaplain, whom I rarely field, did a great job, first killing the general and then driving the fire team guarding his objective off the table.  All told I won with 6 VP's (holding my objective, first blood, linebreaker, and killing the warlord) to his zero.  I'm sorry I didn't get any pics.

This might be the last 40K game I play in a while, however.  Tuesday evenings are the 40K night at the FLGS, and I've now got a schedule conflict for that night (and Thursday night, which is WarMachine night, should I have wanted to get into that game, and Wednesday night, which is Battletech).  Friday night is my good night, but that is Magic: the Gathering which I am not interested in at all, and Monday is board game night, which is also not really my cup of tea.

It's not a huge loss.  I hadn't played a 40K game in weeks, between other schedule issues and sometimes not being able to get a free table in the FLGS' limited space.  There's also not really an alternative evening to try to find someone to play at my house, at least for a few months.  The Fridays that aren't taken up by D&D are usually taken up by something work related.

So for a time, this blog might be a little dormant, although my other two should still be fairly active.

Comments